Quick and easy 5 ingredient easy baked spaghetti! It’s chock full of flavor and gooey-gooey cheesy goodness, and the whole family will love it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz spaghetti (or your favorite noodle)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook, stirring until brown with no pink remaining. Drain off excess fat, and return beef to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce, and (optional) 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir to combine, and bring to bubble. Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook to package directions, then drain.
- Pour 1/3 of meat and sauce mixture to bottom of casserole dish.
- Add half of the cooked pasta, and top with half the cheddar cheese.
- Add another third of the sauce and remaining pasta, then top with rest of the sauce and meat mixture.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Allow casserole to cool slightly before serving.
To make ahead, assemble dish through step 9, cover and refrigerate. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. Allow to come to room temperature and bake before serving in either case.