This tasty meatless bean and cheese Mexican casserole is so easy and flavorful that you won’t even miss the meat!
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, heat refried beans and onions to soften on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of greased pie pan. Spread about 1/3 bean mixture over it, along with a few tablespoons of salsa. Place a second tortilla on top of bean and salsa, then add more of the bean mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat layers, spreading ingredients evenly over tortillas. On the top layer, use lots of salsa and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, approximately 15-20 minutes.