Winter bucket list ideas! Here are some fun things to do in the winter for kids, adults, and couples!
Winter can be long and dreary, especially when you feel stuck in the house with nothing to look forward to. In order to combat that boredom, I wanted to share some fun ideas to add to your winter bucket list!
Whether you love it or hate it, there are so many fun winter activities to do. Especially if you’re not a fan of cold weather, it’s important to make time to try new things.
Winter can be a lot more pleasant if you learn to enjoy the slower pace and comforts of home. It can be a great time to reflect and plan for the future.
But if you find yourself stuck in hibernation mode, consider creating a winter bucket list using these ideas!
These fun winter activities can be done with friends over winter break, for couples on a date, or with kids on a snow day.
I even created a Winter Bucket List printable for you to jot down your favorites.
Get access to it by signing up for the Freebie Vault!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
75 Winter Bucket List Ideas: Fun Things to Do in the Winter
Stay Cozy Inside:
1. Make hot cocoa from scratch
2. Sit by the fireplace (without the tv on)
3. Have a pajama day
4. Bake cookies
5. Read winter books
6. Host or attend a Superbowl party
7. Have a living room dance party
8. Build a fort out of blanket and pillows
9. Turn up the heat and pretend it’s summer (maybe watch some summer movies)
10. Have dinner by candlelight
11. Watch a movie marathon
12. Have a game night
13. Make a reading list and work through it (check out my ‘Books to Read’ Pinterest board for inspiration)
14. Make mulled cider or hot apple cider in the crock pot
15. Have a self-care day
16. Make dinner in the crock pot
17. Take a nap
18. Take a bath by candlelight
19. Enjoy some fabulous citrus fruits
20. Just sit and watch the snow fall
21. Host an Oscar viewing party
22. Keep your white Christmas lights up all winter
23. Decorate your home with snowmen
24. Have an indoor snowball fight
25. Go sledding
26. Have a snowball fight
27. Build a snowman (try using this kit)
28. Go for a winter hike in the woods
29. Try snowshoeing or cross country skiing
30. Make a snow angel
31. Take ski or snowboarding lesson
32. Go for a nighttime winter walk
33. Catch snowflakes on your tongue
34. Feed the birds
35. Fire up your outdoor grill and enjoy a quick taste of summer
36. Shovel your neighbor’s driveway (just to be nice)
37. Ride a fat tire bike in the snow
38. Go for a winter walk on the beach
39. Ride a snowmobile
40. Go ice fishing
41. Put a sweater on your dog and go for a walk
42. Draw pictures in the snow with this kit
43. Go in an outdoor hot tub
44. Have a winter outdoor photography shoot
45. Make paper snowflakes
46. Make snow ice cream
48. Knit a scarf using this easy system
49. Make paper Valentines
50. Start a journal
51. Make DIY snowglobes
52. Do a winter jigsaw puzzle
53. Make play snow if you don’t have the real stuff
54. Build a Lego masterpiece
Go on an adventure:
55. Participate in a Polar Plunge
56. Do something special for Valentine’s or ‘galentine’s’ day
57. Try roller skating at an indoor skating rink
58. Visit an ice sculpture contest
59. Go swimming at an indoor pool
60. Go bowling
61. Visit a museum
62. Try a different mall that you’ve never been to
63. Go thrift shopping or antiquing
64. Go on a winter getaway (book it through Airbnb and save $40 through this link)
65. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen
66. Go to a hockey game
67. Declutter a room in your house
68. Take a social media detox
69. Organize your recipes
70. Work on a New Year’s resolution
71. Sort and organize your photos
72. Plan your summer vacation
73. Rearrange your furniture
74. Clean out and organize your closet
75. Pack a donation box and take to Goodwill
Ready to try some of these fun things to do in the winter?
I really hope these winter bucket list ideas gave you some inspiration for having more fun during the cold weather season. When you’re feeling cooped up, try one of these winter activities, and watch your mood improve.
Having a running list of fun things to do in the winter will help the dreary days go faster, so be sure to grab your winter bucket list printable and fill it out.
Feel free to bookmark this post to refer back to. Or pin it to Pinterest to share it with your friends and family!
You May Also Like:
- 120 Cheap and Free Summer Activities
- 107 Ideas to Add to your Fall Bucket List
- 12 Ways to Enjoy Your Life More