Welcome to Week 25 of the How I Saved Series! If you want to find some easy money saving tips and tricks, just keep reading.
If you’re new, you can check out the rest of the How I Saved Series here.
I share my savings every week in hopes that the money savings tactics can be useful in your life. You can put that savings toward something that’s important to you.
We’re putting all the money we save toward paying off our mortgage early. What would you do with the extra money you can save?
Tip: Check out the Money Saving Resources page to see the resources I use to plan my shopping trips!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
On to the deals!
Here’s how I saved from June 18 – 24:
I ran into Aldi quickly to pick up:
- 10 lb potatoes ($2.99)
- Mustard (89 cents)
- Hot dog buns (85 cents)
- Hummus quartet ($3.99)
- Turkey lunchmeat ($2.49)
I use a collapsible shopping basket like this one for my Aldi shopping.
Amount Spent: $11.21
Amount Saved: $3.63 (assuming 30% savings by shopping at Aldi)
Meijer was having their 10 for $10 sale, which alway provides some great opportunities for deals. Their clearance rack was also chock full this week, which is unusual.
Here’s what I bought at Meijer:
- (2) Original applesauce cups (84 cents each) – on the clearance rack
- Mott’s strawberry applesauce cups (94 cents) – clearance rack
- Big jar Mott’s applesauce ($1.50) – clearance rack
- (2) Sunny D (50 cents each) – On sale for $1, less two 50 cents off one newspaper insert coupons
- (2) Old El Paso enchilada sauce (50 cents each) – Sale priced at $1, minus a $1 off two mPerk digital coupon
- (3) Pop-tarts (66 cents each) – On sale for $1 each, less a $1 off three mPerk digital coupon
Amount Spent: $8.12
Amount Saved: $12.67
Percentage Saved: 61%
If you want to learn how to slash your grocery budget in just 5 days, check out the FREE Grocery Shopping Makeover Challenge!
I cashed out my Ibotta account and received $50 via PayPal.
I earn cash back from Ibotta on almost every shopping trip. You can redeem your earnings for money or gift cards to zillions of places.
New to Ibotta? Sign up below and earn an extra $10 on your first rebate.
Signing up through the app instead? Use code uwhaflc to get your $10 bonus.
Gasoline Savings: $14.60
I bought a couple gift cards from Kroger recently, and they were offering a 4x fuel points promotion. I ended up getting $1 off per gallon!
After getting home from Kohl’s last week, I noticed the cashier had forgotten to take the security tag off the swimsuit.
I wasn’t thrilled about having to go back, but since I had Kohl’s cash, I thought I might as well look around.
I headed to the shoe clearance section, and found some Adidas shoes marked all the way down to $10.99. After using my $10 Kohl’s cash, with tax, I paid just $1.05!
Amount Spent: $1.05
Amount Saved: $54.00
GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS FOR WEEK 25: $134.90
TOTAL SAVED YEAR-TO-DATE: $2449.77
- Where to start when you’re flat broke
- 5 easy meal planning strategies for beginners
- 5 ways to save money on groceries without using coupons
- 12 things frugal people don’t do
- 12 *more* things frugal people don’t do
- 10 money myths that are keeping you broke
You can catch up on the rest of the How I Saved posts here.
Don’t forget to check out the Resources Page for tons of other money saving resources!
How much money did you save this week?