25 of the Best Things to Stock Up in November
One of the best secrets to keeping your grocery budget low is to stock up on foods when they’re at their lowest price.
Seasonal items are the perfect example of what you can save loads of money on!
Here is a guide for the best things to stock up on in November and the best things to buy at Thanksgiving.
All of these are foods you will enjoy all year, but by purchasing them in November, you’re able to buy them at a rock-bottom price.
Grocery stores like to offer deep discounts on these Thanksgiving staples during November.
They’re hoping that you’ll come in for these items but also buy a ton of other stuff at full price.
Being the savvy shopper that you are, you know that stocking up on these discounted items will save you a bunch of money in the long run.
Let’s check out the list!
You May Also Like:
- How to Use a Master Grocery List (to save your time and sanity!)
- How to Get Started Meal Planning Today: 10 Super Easy Tricks
- Free Meal Planning Kit (with 150+ Meal Ideas!)
- 5 Easy Meal Planning Strategies for Beginners
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Groceries (without coupons!)
- The Best Thanksgiving Movies to Watch This Year
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
Best things to stock up on in November
UPDATE: Don’t forget to use Ibotta for cash back every time you grocery shop! They’re currently offering a $10 welcome bonus through this link! (Signing up thru the app instead? Use code uwhaflc to get your $10 bonus.)
Canned & Pantry Items:
- Broth & Stock
- Canned Vegetables
- Cranberry Sauce
- Canned Olives
- Condensed Soups
- Stuffing Mix
- Plastic Storage Containers
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking Mixes
- Pie crust
- Cream Cheese
- Canned Pumpkin
- Canned Pie Filling
Fresh & Frozen Items:
- Whipped Cream & Cool Whip
- Frozen Vegetables
- Fresh Herbs
- Russet & Sweet Potatoes
Keep in mind that you can freeze many of these items long-term!
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate chips
- Mashed potatoes
- Herbs – Here’s a guide to freezing fresh herbs.
To avoid buying far more than you can handle, just be sure to ask yourself these questions before you shop:
- Do I have space to store the items?
- Will I actually use all of them?
- Do I have room in my budget to buy these extra ingredients?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then enjoy the massive savings you can achieve by stocking up on these items around Thanksgiving!
KITCHEN GADGETS TO MAKE MEAL PREP FASTER AND EASIER:
- Vegetable chopper – Chop half an onion with one press! It also includes a spiralizer.
- Egg cooker – Hard, medium, or soft boil eggs perfectly every time. It also cooks mini-omelettes and poaches eggs for you.
- Meat claws – Shred cooked meat with fantastic ease, and have fun doing it.
- Foodsaver – Preserve a wide variety of foods for your freezer, without any freezer burn!
- Bread machine – There is nothing like the smell of hot, fresh bread in your home.
- Salad spinner – Wash your lettuce quickly and easily, and have it ready to eat.
I hope this list of foods to stock up on in November helps you build your stockpile and lower your grocery budget going forward.