Welcome to the 29th week of the How I Saved Series! I’m trying to use up some of our over-stuffed pantry and freezer, but I still got some great deals.
If you are interested in learning some grocery shopping saving tricks, keep reading to find out how to combine sales, coupons, and Ibotta rebates to stretch your grocery budget.
If you’re new, you can check out the rest of the How I Saved Series here.
Each week I share how I save money with the hope that these money saving methods can be useful in your life. You can put that savings toward something that is important to you.
We’re putting all the money we save toward paying off our mortgage early. What would you do with all the extra money you could save?
Tip: Check out the Money Saving Resources page to see the resources I use to plan my shopping trips!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
ON TO THE DEALS!
Here’s how I saved the week of July 16 – July 22:
The Meijer deals weren’t as great as last week, but I picked up:
- (2) Vlasic dill relish jars (49 cents each) – On sale for 99 cents, less a $1 off two newspaper insert coupon
- (4) Totino’s pizzas (66 cents each) – Sale priced at 88 cents, with a digital mPerk coupon for Buy 3, Get 1 free
- 4 lb. Sugar (45 cents) – Regular priced at $1.45, less a $1 off one ‘Meijer baking item’ that printed at the register last time
- (2) Sargento Blends cheese slices (75 cents each) – On sale for $2.50 each, minus two printable coupons for 75 cents off, plus an Ibotta rebate for 75 cents off each pack
I also used the $2 off my shopping order Catalina coupon that printed last week, because I bought DiGiorno pizzas.
I also used a 25 cents off Any Item Ibotta rebate.
Amount Spent (not including Ibotta rebates): $5.57
Amount Saved (not including Ibotta rebates): $9.60
Percentage Saved: 63%
If you want to learn how to slash your grocery budget in just 5 days, check out the FREE Grocery Shopping Makeover Challenge!
Ibotta Savings: $1.75
As mentioned above, my Ibotta rebates were:
- 25 cents off any item
- $1.50 on Sargento cheese slices (75 cents back on each pack)
I earn cash back from Ibotta on almost every shopping trip. You can redeem your earnings for money or gift cards to zillions of places.
New to Ibotta? Sign up below and earn an extra $10 on your first rebate.
Signing up through the app instead? Use code uwhaflc to get your $10 bonus.
Gasoline Savings: $10.48
Somehow I ended up with 80 cents off per gallon at Kroger with their Fuel Rewards program. I think it was from buying a few gift cards when they were offering 4x the fuel points, plus doing the surveys on their receipts.
All summer they’re offering 2x the fuel points (with that digital coupon) if you shop Friday-Sunday, so that probably also contributed.
Miscellaneous Savings: $67.70
Bath and Body Works mailed me some coupons, one of which was for a FREE full-sized body care item. I stopped in and grabbed a body wash. I can’t wait til they have their fall scents out!
Since July is my birthday month, I’ve been receiving loads of extra coupons. Meijer added a $5 off anything to my mPerk account, so I bought 3 packages of scented wax melts. They smell glorious!
The Scentsationals brand is the best I’ve found for my wax melt warmer. I love that there’s no flame!
Kohls sent me a $10 off anything coupon for my birthday, and I was planning to get more wax melts. But then I saw a purse that stole my heart. It was marked down from $60 to $24.
With my $10 off coupon, and the extra 30% off promotion that they were offering their cardholders, I paid $9.80 for a new purse. Birthday months can be so fun with all the extra discounts : )
GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS FOR WEEK 29: $89.53
TOTAL SAVED YEAR-TO-DATE: $3254.54
- 5 ways to save money on groceries without using coupons
- 10 money myths that are keeping you broke
- Where to start when you’re flat broke
- 5 easy meal planning strategies for beginners
- 12 things frugal people don’t do
- 12 *more* things frugal people don’t do
You can catch up on the rest of the How I Saved posts here.
Don’t forget to check out the Resources Page for tons of other money saving resources!
Were you able to save any money this week?