In need of some cute fall date ideas?
You’re in luck! I’ve put together a really fun date night ideas list, perfect for August through November.
There’s something for everyone on this list – from teenagers on their first date, to married couples celebrating their upteenth wedding anniversary.
These are unique fall date nights that can be:
- At home
- Adventurous and creative
- Inexpensive, cheap, or even free!
🍁 Even if you’re not currently ‘romantically involved’ these are fun things to do with friends too!
Let’s check ‘em out!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
63 Cute Fall Date Ideas
At home date night ideas are perfect for when you want a cozy night in, need something inexpensive, or don’t have a babysitter.
Fall Date Ideas At Home:
2. Fall movie night – Check out my list of the best fall and Halloween movies here!
3. Make a fall cocktail
4. Cook dinner with seasonal ingredients – Think pumpkin, squash, or zucchini.
5. Carve pumpkins – Hone your skills with this Ultimate Pumpkin Carving Kit.
6. Bake a fall dessert
7. Put together a fall puzzle – Try one with a beautiful Fall scene.
8. Do an autumn craft project
9. Have a game night – The Game of Clue is especially fun around Halloween!
10. Go for a walk around the neighborhood to look at leaves
11. Have a bonfire in the backyard
12. Make a Halloween gingerbread house – Try chocolate graham crackers for the walls, and candy corn for roof shingles.
13. Eat dinner by candlelight
14. Create a bucket list – Whether it be your Fall bucket list, or a lifetime bucket list, it’s a very fun exercise!
15. Watch a true crime show
16. Listen to an old-fashioned (spooky) radio show – You can stream them for free on sites like CBS Radio Mystery Theater.
17. Have a picnic in the backyard (or in front of fireplace)
18. Gaze at the stars
19. Look through old family albums or watch old home movies – It’s a great way to learn more about each other.
20. Make milkshakes or ice cream sundaes
21. Dance party – However romantic or wild you want!
22. Chopped style competition – A great way to use up the random ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
23. Have a spa pamper night – Here’s exactly what you need for a home spa night.
24. DIY wine & paint night – Instead of going to a wine and paint party, have one at home!
25. Dream of the future – Look online at vacation destinations, real estate, RVs, or whatever you dream of.
26. Tailgate at home – Before watching a football game on TV (if you both love sports, of course).
27. Tell each other ghost stories
28. Write your Christmas lists – It’s both fun and productive to make your wish lists together!
29. Build a fort out of blankets – Then have a picnic or watch a movie in it.
30. Have a pumpkin beer or hard cider tasting ‘party’
31. Put up some cozy decor – Bring out your Fall blankets, twinkle lights, or candles, and decorate for autumn.
Now let’s check out some fun dates that you can do outdoors!
On a beautiful fall day, have an outdoor date. Here are some ideas to have a really memorable day!
Outdoor Fall Date Ideas:
32. Go apple picking
33. Visit a farmers’ market
34. Go on a hayride – At your local pumpkin patch or cider mill, or try a haunted one at night!
35. Get lost in a corn maze
36. Tailgate at a professional or college football game
37. Visit a local Fall or Oktoberfest festival
38. Go to the Renaissance Fair
39. Make a scarecrow together
40. Try horseback riding
41. Go canoeing or kayaking
42. Bike ride on a scenic trail
43. Go to a beautiful location for a picnic – This picnic basket set has everything you need for a romantic picnic!
44. Tour a winery or brewery
45. Go on a hot air balloon ride
46. Hike through the woods
47. Visit a haunted house – If you dare : )
48. Go camping
49. Have a Fall photo shoot – Autumn lends itself to the BEST photo opps.
50. Visit a flea market
51. Try geocaching
52. Visit a historic cemetery
Other Fun & Creative Date Ideas for Fall:
53. See a scary movie – At least one new scary movie comes out every year, or visit a historic theater that’s showing old classics!
55. Take a cooking class – It’s a fun activity AND dinner all in one.
56. Walk through Halloween stores – You’ll love looking at all the unique Halloween decorations and laughing at the silly costumes. (Sexy crayon, anyone?)
57. Take a drive to leaf peep at the beautiful fall colors
58. Try your local coffee shop’s Pumpkin Spice Latte
59. Shop for a couple’s Halloween costume – Ya know, bacon and eggs, Jim and Pam, etc.
60. Go on a romantic getaway – Book through AirBNB, and save $55 off your first stay at a comfy rental home.
61. Visit a bookstore – It’s just so fun to walk through a bookstore, checking out all the books, movies, and magazines.
62. Volunteer somewhere together – Helping out at a food bank or pet shelter is an awesome way to spend time together while giving back.
63. Visit an escape room
Go forth, and enjoy fun date nights
I really hope this list of fall date night ideas give you some inspiration for fun things to do with your partner.
Autumn comes and goes so quickly, so planning fall-themed dates can really help make the season more memorable.
Happy Fall 2019!
P.S. Be sure to check out my Fall Bucket List post. It has 107 ideas of other fun things to do in the fall!
You May Also Like:
- 25 DIY Fall Wreath Tutorials to Embellish Your Front Door
- 5 Ways to Stay Sane During the Holiday Season
- 25 of the Best Halloween Songs for Your Halloween Party
- Decorating for Fall on a Budget – 15 Beautiful Free Fall Printables!