The best pizza topping ideas to make homemade pizza night even more exciting! This list of topping ideas for pizza range from classic to unconventional, and can be mixed and matched to make really delicious, unique combos!
Sick of the same old pepperoni pizza? Wondering how to make pizza more interesting?
Check out this list of pizza toppings for inspiration!
Whether you want to make a classic meat lovers pizza, or one covered with healthy veggies, you can put together a bunch of tasty recipes with these fun ideas.
You May Also Like:
- 41 Dirt Cheap Meals to Make When You’re on a Budget
- Delicious Ways to Use a Pound of Ground Beef (30+ideas!)
- 10 Easy Cheap Meals that ANYONE Can Make
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
95 Pizza Topping Ideas to Jazz Up Homemade Pizza Night
Let’s start with some different things you can use for your crust!
Crust ideas for your pizza base:
- Make dough from scratch (here’s an easy recipe)
- Frozen dough
- Refrigerated dough
- Store-bought prebaked crust (like Boboli’s)
- Pita bread
- English muffins
- Frozen garlic bread (thawed out first)
- Boxed mix (like Jiffy)
- Flatbread or Naan bread
- French bread
- Frozen ready-made crust (Udi’s has a gluten free version)
- Cauliflower crust (here’s a good recipe)
- Crescent roll dough (like Pillsbury seamless dough)
As you can see, you can make pizza ‘crust’ out of almost anything you have on hand.
There are a variety of ways to cook pizza too. Here are some tools and appliances that make it easy and fun!
Want to make frozen pizza more interesting? You can easily spruce up a frozen pizza just by adding your favorite toppings.
Here’s the ultimate list of pizza toppings!
Meat & Seafood:
2. Italian sausage
5. Canadian bacon
9. Buffalo chicken strips
11. BBQ Pulled Chicken
12. BBQ Pulled Pork
15. Hot dogs (to make chili dog pizza, of course)
16. Philly cheesesteak (for Philly cheesesteak pizza!)
19. Taco meat (taco pizza is GOOD)
21. Breakfast sausage (for breakfast pizza)
22. Smoked sausage
26. Smoked salmon
Sign up below to get a FREE Meal Planning Kit! It’s a 12-page planner to really simplify meal planning. Plus 150+ meal ideas!
Cheese toppings for pizza:
33. Buffalo mozzarella
35. Bleu cheese
37. Goat cheese
Healthy Pizza Toppings – Veggies & Fruit:
40. Onions (red, yellow, or white)
43. Black olives
45. Green peppers
46. Mild pepper rings
48. Sun-dried tomato
49. Caramelized onions
50. Green olives
51. Artichoke hearts
55. Potatoes (sounds odd, but just try a potato pizza like this recipe!)
56. Refried beans
57. Black (or white) beans
59. Pickles (for cheeseburger pizza, of course)
60. Red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
Herbs, Spices and Seasonings:
72. Garlic (sliced, roasted, minced)
73. Crushed red pepper
77. Pine nuts
Pizza Sauce Ideas:
82. Garlic butter sauce
83. BBQ sauce
84. Buffalo sauce
86. Olive oil
87. Sour cream
92. Pepper jelly
93. Balsamic vinegar
94. Thai chili sauce
95. Curry sauce
Ready to try some new pizza topping ideas?
I hope this list of pizza toppings gave you some inspiration for your next homemade pizza night!
You can make some unconventional combos and come up with your new favorite recipe. You’ll feel like such a gourmet!
Be sure to also check out:
- 10 Best Time-Saving Kitchen Gadgets
- Create Quick & Cheap Meals with these 30 Pantry Staples
- How to Meal Plan on a Budget (+ cute weekly meal planner!)