The best pizza topping ideas to make homemade pizza night even more exciting! This list of topping ideas for pizza range from classic to unconventional, and can be mixed and matched to make really delicious, unique combos!
Sick of the same old pepperoni pizza? Wondering how to make pizza more interesting?
Check out this list of the best pizza toppings for inspiration!
Whether you want to make a classic meat lovers pizza, or one covered with healthy veggies, you can put together a bunch of tasty recipes with these fun ideas.
After all, the top of a pizza is basically a blank canvas!
You May Also Like:
- 41 Dirt Cheap Meals to Make When You’re on a Budget
- Delicious Ways to Use a Pound of Ground Beef (30+ideas!)
- 10 Easy Cheap Meals that ANYONE Can Make
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
95 Pizza Topping Ideas to Jazz Up Homemade Pizza Night
Let’s start with some different things you can use for your crust!
Crust ideas for your pizza base:
- Homemade pizza dough from scratch (here’s an easy pizza dough recipe)
- Frozen dough
- Refrigerated dough
- Store-bought prebaked crust (like Boboli’s)
- Pita bread
- English muffins
- Frozen garlic bread (thawed out first)
- Boxed mix (like Jiffy)
- Flatbread or Naan bread
- French bread
- Frozen ready-made crust (Udi’s has a gluten free version)
- Cauliflower crust (here’s a good recipe)
- Crescent roll dough (like Pillsbury seamless dough)
As you can see, you can make pizza ‘crust’ out of almost anything you have on hand.
There are a variety of ways to cook pizza too, for best results. Here are some tools and appliances that make it easy and fun!
Want to make frozen pizza more interesting? You can easily spruce up a frozen pizza just by adding your favorite toppings.
Here’s the ultimate list of pizza toppings!
Meat & Seafood:
2. Italian sausage
5. Canadian bacon
6. Chicken (such as tandoori chicken)
9. Buffalo chicken strips
11. BBQ Pulled Chicken
12. BBQ Pulled Pork
14. Salty prosciutto
15. Hot dogs (to make chili dog pizza, of course)
16. Philly cheesesteak (for Philly cheesesteak pizza!)
19. Taco meat (taco pizza is GOOD)
21. Breakfast sausage (for breakfast pizza)
22. Smoked sausage
26. Smoked salmon
Cheese toppings for pizza:
28. Fresh mozzarella cheese (you’ve gotta try margherita pizza!)
33. Buffalo mozzarella
35. Bleu cheese
37. Goat cheese
Healthy Pizza Toppings – Veggies & Fruit:
40. Onions (ie. red onions, yellow, or white)
41. Fresh tomatoes – cherry tomatoes are delicious!
42. Pineapple (for Hawaiian pizza)
43. Black olives or kalamata olives
45. Green peppers or red peppers
46. Mild pepper rings (great on supreme pizza!)
48. Sun-dried tomatoes
49. Caramelized onions
50. Green olives
51. Artichoke hearts (a must have for any vegetarian pizza)
55. Potatoes (sounds odd, but just try a potato pizza like this recipe!)
56. Refried beans
57. Black (or white) beans
59. Pickles (for cheeseburger pizza, of course)
60. Red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
Herbs, Spices and Seasonings:
72. Garlic (sliced, roasted, minced)
73. Crushed red pepper flakes
74. Fresh basil leaves
77. Pine nuts or fennel seed
Pizza Sauce Ideas:
80. Marinara (aka tomato sauce)
82. Garlic butter sauce
83. Barbecue sauce (for BBQ chicken pizza)
84. Buffalo sauce
86. Extra virgin olive oil (for delicious white pizza!)
87. Sour cream
92. Pepper jelly
93. Balsamic vinegar
94. Thai chili sauce
95. Curry sauce
Ready to try some new pizza topping ideas?
I hope this list of the most popular pizza toppings gave you some inspiration for your next homemade pizza night!
Any of these classic pizza toppings would be a great addition to family pizza night.
You can make some unconventional combos and come up with your new favorite recipe. You’ll feel like such a gourmet!
What are your favorite pizza toppings or pizza recipes?
Be sure to also check out:
- 10 Best Time-Saving Kitchen Gadgets
- Create Quick & Cheap Meals with these 30 Pantry Staples
- How to Meal Plan on a Budget (+ cute weekly meal planner!)
- Italian sausage
- Canadian bacon
- Buffalo chicken strips
- BBQ pulled chicken
- BBQ pulled pork
- Hot dogs
- Philly cheesesteak
- Taco meat
- Breakfast sausage
- Smoked sausage
- Smoked salmon
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Bleu cheese
- Goat cheese
- Black olives
- Green peppers
- Mild pepper rings
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Carmalized onions
- Green olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Refriend beans
- Black beans or white beans
- Bell peppers
- Kale Corn
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pine nuts
- Garlic butter sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Olive oil
- Sour cream
- Pepper jelly
- Balsamic vinegar
- Thai chili sauce
- Curry sauce
- Choose a flavorful pizza idea from this pizza toppings list
- Gather the ingredients
- Prep and bake the pizza
- Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza!