Easy foil packets for the grill! These foil pack meals are super easy to make over the campfire, on the grill, or even in the oven. No mess to clean up!
Want some super easy dinner ideas that basically cook themselves? Try foil pack dinners! These easy foil packet meals are perfect for grilling during the heat of summer.
When you’re camping, you can cook them on your campsite’s BBQ grill or even over an open fire.
And during the cooler months, they are just as simple to cook in the oven.
Before we get to the recipes, let’s cover a few foil pack dinner cooking tips, shall we?
You May Also Like:
- Indoor Grilling: 7 Ways to Grill Without a BBQ (or even a backyard!)
- How to Use a Master Grocery List (to save your time and sanity!)
- 35 Super Easy & Cheap 4-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
Can you make foil packets ahead of time?
Foil packet dinners are healthy, kid-friendly, and definitely easy to make ahead ahead of time!
Prep them in advance, and throw them in your fridge or cooler until you’re ready to cook.
Can you freeze foil packet meals?
Yes, for sure! Preparing foil packs as a freezer meal is like a little gift to your future self! No fuss dinner is certainly right up my alley.
Use heavy duty aluminum foil (or layer 2 sheets of regular foil), and combine the meat, veggies, and sauce or seasoning.
For best results, store the packets in a Ziploc freezer storage bag. Squeeze out as much of the air as possible to prevent freezer burn.
You can store the foil packets in the freezer for up to 2 months.
A few more foil pack dinner cooking tips:
- Use (roughly) 6-inch long sheets of heavy duty foil, or double up on thinner sheets.
- Spray the inside of the foil packet with cooking spray or cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Cut all vegetables and protein into similar-sized pieces for uniform cooking.
- Place the meat down first in the foil pack, since it will take the longest to cook.
- Open the packet carefully once cooked. There will be hot steam.
Okay, let’s get to the recipes!
(💡 Psst: Want a whole YEAR of dinner ideas at your fingertips? Grab my One Year of Dinners Meal Plan, with 365 different recipes!)
Chicken Foil Pack Dinners:
1. Chicken Fajitas in a Foil Pack
Delicious chicken fajitas in a foil pack, with Mexican-spiced chicken, black beans, peppers, and onions.
2. BBQ Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Onion Foil Pack Dinner
A tasty combination of bacon, chicken, sweet potatoes and onions.
3. Pineapple Coconut Tin Foil Packet Chicken
A simple and exotic-tasting 4 ingredient meal!
4. Tin Foil Packet Butter Chicken
The foil packet version of a delicious Indian favorite.
5. Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets
You cannot go wrong with this combination of ingredients.
6. Italian Lemon Chicken Foil Pack Dinner
The ideal light summer recipe!
7. Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packet
Just like stir fry, but in a foil packet!
8. Camping Chicken Foil Dinner
The perfect campsite dinner, or when you want to feel like you’re camping in your own backyard.
Beef & Turkey Foil Pack Dinner Recipes:
9. Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Who knew you could make a philly cheesesteak in a foil pack!
10. Ground Beef Hobo Dinner Packet
Warm your insides with this tasty classic.
11. Turkey Burger Foil Packet Dinner
A light, low-fat foil pack dinner.
12. Hobo Meatloaf in a Foil Pack
Feed your whole family with one big foil packet!
13. Ground Beef Hamburger and Potato Foil Packet
A comfort food twist on the classic burger.
Pork & Sausage Foil Pack Dinners:
14. Brat & Veggie Foil Pack Meal
A super simple recipe, perfect for grilling.
15. Grilled Sausage Foil Packs
Your protein and sides, all in one tasty packet.
16. Cheesy Potato and Sausage Foil Pack
The perfect frugal, easy dinner!
17. Baked Potato Supper (with pepperoni and ham)
This is SUCH a delicious twist on a baked potato!
18. Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
A tasty and healthy dinner, especially if you use chicken or turkey sausage.
19. Cabbage and Sausage Foil Pack Dinner
Effortless comfort food at its best!
Shrimp & Seafood Foil Pack Dinners:
20. Grilled Shrimp Foil Packet with Corn and Potatoes
The grill packet version of a low country boil.
21. Low-carb Shrimp Foil Pack with Zucchini
This is the perfect gluten-free, Paleo and Keto-friendly summer dinner.
22. Shrimp Scampi Foil Packet Dinner
Fresh and fancy shrimp scampi, the easy way!
23. Lemon Butter Foil Baked Cod
Turn frozen cod fillets into a restaurant quality meal. Perfect to serve with rice.
24. Asparagus Salmon Foil Packet
A fresh and flavorful salmon dinner that you can’t mess up.
BONUS RECIPE: Foil Pack Dip Recipe
25. Campfire Dip
Dip over the open fire? It can be done when using a foil pack!
Wrapping it up
(Pun intended, hehe.)
As you can see, the options for cooking dinner in a foil packet are limitless.
Whether you choose to make them on the grill, in the oven, or while camping, they are a super easy way to feed your people.
And the best part? No pots and pans to wash!
You May Also Like:
- 30 Delicious Ways to Use a Pound of Ground Beef
- 40+ Dirt Cheap Meals to Make When You’re on a Budget
- 10 Easy and Cheap Meal ANYONE Can Make